Attention—CFI WILL BE A VIRTUAL "GET TOGETHER" IN 2021!
Although we'd love to have the CYCLE FOR INDEPENDENCE run as usual — you know, the camaraderie, the mass of smiling bikers heading down the road on a spring day, the live music, the food, and the special festive feeling that is our signature — we're just not seeing that by mid–May we’ll be comfortable bringing 500 riders together in one spot. The 2021 CYCLE FOR INDEPENDENCE must be a virtual experience.
All distances will be $35.00. Participants may complete their rides anywhere, there is no need to follow our established routes/ Rides should be completed and recorded between May 8 and May 22. WE’D REALLY APPRECIATE YOU COMING BACK TO THIS WEB SITE AND RECORDING YOUR RIDE: DISTANCE AND DATE. It's just sharing, communicating: a way of being together. Registration is open now.
Our famous socks may be picked up on May 22 between 10:00 and 12:00 at Riverglen Jr. High, 6801 N. Gary Ln., Boise.
Thank you for your continuing support of Idaho’s blind and visually impaired.
Click the REGISTER NOW button above, now!!
See the 2021 virtual ride participation!
A GREAT SPRING RIDE!
Funds raised benefit the National Federation of the Blind of Idaho, Treasure Valley Chapter. Your ride fee includes our famous socks - $5.00 for non-riders if extras are available.
Download our NEW mobile Application!
Stay on course, our new mobile application provides navigation along all three routes.
Your participation helps:
- Blind seniors to live independently
- Work to improve education of blind children
- Provide scholarships and transition services for blind young adults
- Educate blind adults about opportunities for employment
- Assist blind people in learning about new advances in services and adaptive technology
- The NFB work with the legislature advocating for legislation designed to give equal opportunities for blind people
Other Rides and Trails